Today dawned sunny and nice. I would have tried to go out for a hike, but it’s Sunday of a holiday weekend. Social distancing would be difficult at best.
Instead I spent the day in the garage with the doors up. I have been slowly building carrying cases for my steam engines when time and inspiration allow. Today I would work on them, with a twist.
The goal was to build as much as possible with materials on hand. No trips to the hardware store were allowed.
I had some pine boards and spare plywood on hand. My cabinetry skills are pretty thin, but I can hack things together. Hardware is a mixture of screws and nails; carrying handles are from paracord; I found a roll of Velcro in the utility room.
Four down. My design and my skills are improving. By the time I finish they might actually be good.