My experience with the P6*6 was a case of the good, the bad, and the not-so ugly.
First the good: as I mentioned in my earlier post, assembly was easy. I enjoyed carrying and shooting with it. I used the Pinhole Assist app on my iPhone as a combination meter/reciprocity calculator, and the exposure results were very good.
The not-so ugly:
I’m quite happy with the results, although you can see part of the bad here. The images are cropped in one corner. They also only take up about a 44mm square instead of the expected 60mm. At first I wondered if a corner of the self-adhesive velvet in the camera had folded over during installation. I was able to run a knife blade through the film plane and verify that this was not the case.
Upon further investigation, I discovered that the pinhole was assembled off-center. This would account for both the cropping and the undersized image. I’m not sure if it slipped during assembly or subsequent handling. Todd says the camera is designed for dis-assembly to facilitate pinhole replacement, but I haven’t tried to adjust it yet.
Todd also tells me that the film winder has proven to be a weak point for other people. I haven’t had any issues yet, but the kit came with a spare part if I do. If it proves to be a perennial problem, I’ll probably fabricate one from some spare brass stock.
Overall, I’m very happy with the P6*6. The images are some of the best I’ve gotten from any pinhole so far. The issues I’ve had are of my own creation and shouldn’t be too hard to fix. If you are interested in pinholes or 3D printing, I suggest you pick one up.